- Khanye Colliery is located on the Farm Wachtenbietjieskop 506 JR, which is situated 8km north east of Bronkhorstspruit, Gauteng
- The mining right was approved in October 2017 and the mine is operational. This operation consists of 3 minable seams, namely, 3-seam, 2-Seam and 1-Seam. Coal mined at this operation is suitable for local power plant consumption, local industries as well as export markets. A 400 ton per hour wash plant has been constructed on site and is fully operational. Products being produced at this plant include, Large Nuts, Small Nuts, Peas, Duff and Spiral.
- Unicoal has concluded a long term off take with the mining right holder for al ROM mined at Khanye Colliery.
- Another source of ROM coal for Unicoal is Phalanndwa Colliery which is situated, 10 km East of Delmas. Delmas is a common mining and farming area, situated in Mpumalanga Province, South Africa. Phalanndwa Colliery is an opencast operation, with mining having commenced in January 2013. Unicoal entered into a long term oof-take agreement with the mine during the second half of 2014.
- This operation consists of 3 seams, namely upper, main and lower seams. The three seams combines are suitable to be washed to either an RB2 or and RB3 quality demand on what the market demands.
- The coal purchased at this colliery is beneficiated and sized into various products, including Large Nuts, Small Nuts, Peas, Duff and Spiral. A by-product commonly known as Filter Cake is also produced at this operation
- Kangra Coal was founded in 1957 by Mr Graham Beck. and went on to become one of the founding members of RBCT when is was founded in 1974. .. In January 2019, Unicoal signed a long term offtake agreement with Kangra Coal’s new shareholders and have the sole right to market all its product.
- Kangra produces circa 2 Million tons of run of mine coal per annum. Kangra’s washabilities allows it toproduce, a wide range of thermal coal products based on demand for both international and domestic markets. The majority of Kangra’s coal is exported through Richards Bay Coal Terminal to markets in Asia.
- The consistent quality and secure production of coal at Kangra make it a sought after product inthe market. Kangra’s close proximity to Richards Bay Coal Terminal, positions it well for both exports and to service the local South African industrial markets.
- The mine is located about 45km from the town of Piet Retief in South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province.
- Apart from Unicoal purchasing ROM coal directly from its contracted mines and beneficiating the coal through its toll washing facilities, Unicoal also purchases finished products from various other mines and coal traders within South Africa. Commonly these mines have their own beneficiation facilities, and sell the coal in its final saleable form.
- Coal purchased from other collieries throughout South Africa is sold to the inland markets as well as exported through Richard Bay Coal Terminal, and Richards Bay Multi Purpose Terminal
- Within South Africa, Unicoal specializes in selling coal to the boiler industry which includes the sugar, paper, farming, and FMCG industries. We are also key role players in supplying coal to the cement industries in South Africa.
- Unicoal currently offers its customers coal on an FOT(Free on Truck at the colliery), FOR (Free on Rail at the rail load out), DAT (Delivered at Terminal) and FOB (Free on board at the port) basis.
- Using reliable and reputable transport companies, Unicoal can offer its coal on a DAT basis to its smaller inland customers in South Africa who cannot accept rail deliveries. This gives Unicoal the edge in terms of its service provided to its customers.
- Through various siding service providers, Unicoal has access to various rail siding infrastructures within close vicinity of its coal sources. This allows Unicoal to offer its customers a FOR service or the ability to transport its product to the various load ports it has access to and delivering coal on an FOB basis.
- The siding facilities we have access to have the ability to rail coal to the sidings of inland customers, Maputo Main Port, Matola Terminal in Maputo, Richards Bay Multi-Purpose Terminal as well as the world renown Richards Bay Coal Terminal.